Published On: Thu, Dec 1st, 2016

Thomas Mair: all by himself?

When the corporate-media reported that Thomas Mair had killed Labour MP Jo Cox and had made utterances whereby the event could be framed for propaganda as a Brexit Leaver murdering a Remainer, then FBEL  investigated the veracity of the witness testimony upon which this narrative was founded. What was discovered pointed to an event that had definitely been exploited by the Establishment; indeed it appeared more likely than not that it had been tainted to create a handle for exploitation.

Fig. 1; Mair on the corner of Market Street and Chapel Lane.

Fig. 1; Mair on the corner of Market Street and Chapel Lane.

To what extent the murder of Jo Cox was not an organic event is anyone’s good guess – before we start to analyse it, that is. Some people say that it was a long-term psychological operation, even to the extent of gifting Cox the safe Batley and Spen Westminster seat for the purpose, aimed at making the British vote to stay in the EU. If Jo Cox was in on this, they say, then she’s probably still alive. True, there does seem to be a missing body in this case of most heinous crime – the jury only got to see computer generated graphical representations – and without a body there cannot be a murder. True, the crime scene looked as though it could be spectacularly pristine – but then we weren’t allowed to see all of it. So let’s work with what we can see, because this is the way that a web of lies is best demolished. There will be several articles on this subject because the British Government wants to introduce a mindset into the public consciousness whereby being an anti-globalist equates to being a neo-Nazi. Just as we needed to tackle a travesty in order to save Brexit, so do we need to tackle one going forward so that it can’t be used for the dangerous programme of stigmatisation that the British Government has planned for us.

Fig. 2; Mair in the market at noon.

Fig. 2; Mair in the market at noon.

Since the matter was last written about at this site, Thomas Mair has of course been found guilty of murdering Jo Cox in a trial that was described by Nick Kollerstrom as a monologue by the prosecution. Mair’s was a deliberately targeted attack for political purposes – hence he is a new kind of terrorist against the political consensus (which is what we, who disagree, will all be demonised as in due course). So, naturally from the court reporting available to us we get the impression that when Thomas Mair stationed himself on the corner of Market Street and Chapel Lane in Birstall on the morning of the 16/6/16, it was to install himself in a place from whence he could pounce on Jo Cox as she arrived for her surgery at Birstall Library in Market Street:

[Footage of Mair shows him walk] into the market square, where he takes station on the top corner of Market Street across from the library.


He lay in wait outside Birstall Library for the mother-of-two to arrive.


Louise Keskin [who worked at the neighbouring accountants] said the man in the attack was the same one she had noticed lingering outside the Vape Lounge [on the  corner of Market Street and Chapel Lane] some time before the killing.


The CCTV shows us that Mair was in the vicinity, but he was a bit more erratic than the purposeful character he is portrayed to be.

Fig. 3; Mair opposite the market again.

Fig. 3; Mair opposite the market again.

At approximately 11.52am, Mair is shown on the corner in front of the Vape Lounge (Fig. 1), but this isn’t directly adjacent to the library. According to Google Maps it is about 100 feet away. Mair is wearing a grey suit jacket, and black trousers, and he is holding a brown jacket over his left arm – we’ll return to the matter of his clothing later in this article and then in a subsequent one. Mair also has some baggage with him, although not all of it is visible at all times in the images. There was a darkish holdall, and there was also a white carrier bag.

At some point between 11.52 and Noon, Mair had crossed over to the market on the other side of Chapel Road, because CCTV footage shows him crossing back at 12:01pm (Fig.2). Then we see Mair back on the corner of Market and Chapel in footage timestamped 12:09 (Fig.3). In a still shot found on the internet, Mair is once again shown in the market on the pavement of Chapel Lane (Fig.4). The time is 12:32pm.

Fig. 4; Mair in the market - again.

Fig. 4; Mair in the market – again.

So Mair’s behaviour during this period, then, was probably more accurately described by West Yorkshire Police on a web page they released giving an official public report on the case (that this report is fundamentally at odds with what was supposedly testified to in court is a matter for another article): “he was seen going to and fro across the market place and entering various bus shelters around the square.”

In fact, a witness in the trial (apparently) as much as said that he thought that Mair must have been waiting for a bus (source):

Witness Stephen Lees tells the jury he knows Thomas Mair and saw him waiting at a bus stop in Birstall shortly before #JoCox was attacked.

Mr Lees says Thomas Mair was wearing smart clothes, which he thought was unusual. “I did a double-take.”

Fig. 5; Cox is supposedly in the silver car ahead of the red one.

Fig. 5; Cox is supposedly in the silver car ahead of the red one.

As for the victim of this determined predator, the car carrying Jo Cox was said to have been seen on CCTV going up Market Street to the library at about 12:51pm (Fig. 5). In fact the CCTV footage shows the car about to park in a gap on the left hand side of the road (relative to the car) in front of the library. The timestamp on the footage shows 12:51.03.

The strange thing is that Mair is still seen in the market, on other CCTV footage, at 12:51.40 (Fig 7). We see him crossing Chapel Lane, to arrive on the library side of Market Street at 12:51.52 (Fig. 6), and he half disappears out of sight a second later. This is apparently the start of Mair’s attack run, and if you zoom in on the imagery, he certainly looks like he is still holding a bag in his right hand so, as we will see, he is all tooled up.

Fig. 6; Mair arriving in Market Street; 12:51.52.

Fig. 6; Mair arriving in Market Street; 12:51.52.

However, what the CCTV is telling us is that by the time Mair got to the top of Market Street, Jo Cox had already arrived outside the library some 48/49 (at the most) seconds before.

The witness testimony suggests that Cox’s party didn’t hang about in the car after coming to a halt, but there is actually no telling if this is true when we find that testimony changing from one moment to the next, nor when it was very exact in the first place. Additionally, the library looks like it is a third of the way down the road, so given that Google Maps says it takes about a minute to walk along most of Market Street (Fig, 9),that means that we should allow anything up to another 20 seconds for Mair to intercept Cox on her way to the library. This would mean him arriving at the library, at the latest, at 12:52.12.

As far as the official story goes, this is all fine. The attack supposedly started at 12:52pm – which we can allow to mean in the 53rd minute after noon (source):

The attack started at 12.52am [sic], the court heard, and was captured in the distance by local council CCTV cameras.

Fig. 7; Mair in the market - Cox hasalready arrived at the library.

Fig. 7; Mair in the market – Cox hasalready arrived at the library.

However, reconsider the evidence. For Mair to have caught Cox outside the library, she would have had to hang about outside for anything up to 60 to 70 seconds – and do that instead of stepping indoors to set up her surgery that was beginning in a mere 8 minutes. Remember, Mair was supposed to be on Cox like a whippet out of a trap. And yet, when Cox was arriving at the library, Mair was still amongst the bus stops on the market (Fig.7). He didn’t look like a man who was waiting to pounce. But in any case, assume that Mair finally remembers what he’s there to do, and is able to see along Market Street from his position (a quick check of Google Map shows that he does (Fig.8)), and recognises Cox getting out of a car (it’s unlikely he knew what car to expect to see her arriving in). He then takes 10 seconds to cross Chapel Lane – we know because we see him do it (and it shows how perfectly prepared he was). Then there’s that additional 20 seconds to get to the library. The result: striking half a minute later after first seeing one’s prey; not exactly pouncing on it. The author suggests that, all being normal, it was more likely for Cox to have got into the library long before Mair ever reached her.

Fig. 8; Birstall Library is visible from the market.

Fig. 8; Birstall Library is visible from the market.

Now consider the CCTV footage of the aftermath. The image in Fig. 10 shows Mair at the bottom of Market Street. This image is supposedly of Mair escaping the scene of his crime.

If you look beyond him, you can see the gap in the parked cars filled up by the vehicle Cox arrived in – and you can see figures starting to mill about on the scene. Now, all things being organic, this picture would tell us that something did happen and Mair had been on the scene when it happened.

But consider this: Google Maps gives us a rough distance of 295 feet for that which is travelled by Mair between two known points of time (Fig. 9). Google also claims it takes 60 seconds to walk this distance, which translates to a speed of 3.3 mph – which is not an unreasonable figure for walking velocity.

Fig. 9; Google Maps reckoning for time to walk a distance down Market Street.

Fig. 9; Google Maps reckoning for time to walk a distance down Market Street.

The CCTV tells us that Mair, from his starting point on the corner of Market and Chapel, had about 125 seconds to travel about 300 feet down Market Street, and on the way attack Cox, and all that that entailed. If you like, assume that he would have travelled faster after the deed was done, but roughly it means that Mair had about 60, or 70 or perhaps even 80 seconds to attack Cox.

And what did attacking Cox actually entail? Let’s remind ourselves. Basically Cox was stabbed 15 times, and shot thrice. Some witnesses say that there was some hair grabbing by Mair. We do know that Mair had to switch between a firearm and a knife several times – how many exactly depends on how the witnesses are feeling on the day, apparently. One story has it that Mair started with the stabbing, then shot Cox once, then stabbed some more – while seeing off the unwanted attentions of Bernard Kenny, a man pushing 80 years who thought that he was up to intervening against a younger man armed with a gun and a dagger. There was also interaction with at least two other men who didn’t try to intervene, but thought that there was absolutely no risk in approaching and provoking an armed man with fierce admonishments framed in swear words. Finally, Mair finished with two more gun shots. Another story has it that Mair opened up with gun fire, did one lot of stabbing, and then finished off with more gun fire.

Another factor in the fluidity of, or any impediment to, Mair’s assault, and thus how swiftly it was executed, comes in the shape of how he seems to have operated one-handed.  We can extrapolate this idea from the following (source):

A bloody handprint in the Labour politician’s blood was also found on a brown jacket prosecutors claim Thomas Mair, 53, dropped in a nearby street as he left the scene.

The jacket referred to is the one that Mair had had over his left arm. It seems that he kept it with him while he was attacking Cox because how else would she have been close enough to it to deposit her blood on it. Therefore it appears that Mair kept his jacket with him while he was attacking Cox.

As for his holdall, it seems that Mair had dropped it because we have this testimony from the trial (source):

Ms Holmes said: “I realised he was stabbing the lady. All over the top half of her body.”

He briefly left, only to return and carry on stabbing Mrs Cox, she told the court. She continued: “Just behind the car I could see something black, and he went to the bag. He came back with a gun in his hand, but not the knife. At that point I close my eyes and I heard a really loud popping noise. He did something with the top of the gun. And then he pointed it at the lady again.”

Asked what he did next, she said: “He then took a step sort of into the road, and he looked around, and he looked towards where I was stood. And he looked me in the eye, and he lifted the gun – not pointing it towards me, but just in a gesture.”

Mr Little said: “What did you do?”

She replied: “I ran behind the counter. All the time I was looking out of the window. I went to the door and locked it.”

Mr Little said: “At that point could you see the man? What was he doing?”

Ms Holmes answered: “He went back on to the pavement, where the black bag was. He put something in it, two things, and he picked the bag up.”

We’ll have a very close look at more witness testimony in later articles.

Another witness, a Mrs Major is reported as saying “she thought Mair had a shopping bag in his left hand with the gun in his right. He got a knife out of the bag.”

Fig. 10; Mair is marked by the blue triangle. Up the road there is activity.

Fig. 10; Mair is marked by the blue triangle. Up the road there is activity.

Ignoring as best we can what is looking like a contradiction to Ms Holmes, what this statement clearly suggests is that Mair kept his carrier bag with him in order to hold his redundant weapon – whichever it happened to be. Either way, whether Mair switched weapons by picking them out and putting them in his plastic carrier bag or his holdall, there’s a lot of old fashioned faffing-about involved. And it confirms the notion that Mair was attacking Cox one handedly, otherwise wouldn’t he just transfer his knife to his gun hand and vice versa when he wanted to use them, instead of putting them and getting them out of bags?

On top of that, the firearm appears to be bolt action with no magazine. That means that Mair has to load it one bullet at a time. That involves bringing back the bolt and releasing the spent cartridge, fetching a new round from wherever they are being stored – police supposedly found his arsenal in one of his pockets in a transparent plastic bag – loading it into the breech of the weapon, and pushing the bolt up again. All this, remember, is being done while Mair is supposedly, probably still holding a jacket and a carrier bag in his left arm.

So, to summarise, after arriving late, Mair appears to carry out a sort of hamstrung-by-jacket-and-bag one-handed attack – which was very casual and not at all frenzied, by all accounts – during which he had to see off have-a-go-pensioners and some mouth-no-trouser types. On top of that, as Ms Holmes reports, he also thought there was enough time for a bit of showboating before he collected up his tools and went casually on his merry way. But was there really enough time to commit the crime?

* * * * * * * * * The following information has since been clarified, please see update below. * * * * * * * * *

Fig. 11; The steps seperating the library and the Azzurro. Note the handrail.

Fig. 11; The steps seperating the library and the Azzurro. Note the handrail.

Let’s go back to some corporate-media reportage captured on the day of the incident. A witness, Hichem Ben-Abdallah, is quoted in the Yorkshire Evening Post giving some very significant information that we probably all missed at the time. Ben-Abdallah, of course, is a man already known to us because he was one of the people who created doubt about the claims that Mair had uttered the words “Britain first” during the attack (see here). Here’s what he said on June 16th (source):

After the second shot I turned and ran. He walked away very calmly, down the steps. Nobody stopped him – he had a gun. It’s like I’m dreaming.

Now Ben-Abdallah works at (and is possibly the proprietor if memory serves correctly) of the Azzurro restaurant next to the library. The steps he is referring to is a flight that separates his establishment from the library and appears to lead to the backs of the properties (Fig. 11). Ben-Abdallah tells us that Mair made his getaway not down Market Street – which is the official story – but by another route entirely towards the north.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For a moment, we’re going to take a vacation from the doings of the main protagonist (antagonist) of this story, and learn about another incident that happened in Birstall on the same day (source).

A local teenager has told the Mirror how she witnessed a man “looking very suspicious” from her bedroom window around 30 minutes after she heard about the shooting this afternoon.

The 16-year-old said: “My friend was supposed to come over but then she told me she couldn’t because there’s been a shooting. I could hear the helicopter circling overhead. About 30 minutes later I was looking out of my bedroom window and I saw a man looking very suspicious. He was lying down on the floor between two graves. He was wearing a black hoodie and he had binoculars. He was only about 50metres away and then he saw me and ran off. He fled when he realised I had seen him.”

There appears to be a cemetery in the St Peter’s Parish Church in Birstall, which is north and west of the town centre.

Fig. 12; Mair after the incident, carrying his bags and wotnot all wrong.

Fig. 12; Mair after the incident, carrying his bags and wotnot all wrong.

Returning to Mair, please look at the images in Figs. 2, 3, 4, 7 & 15. All show Thomas Mair holding a bag in his right hand – which will also be holding the carrier, which is sometimes not visible – and a jacket over his left arm (admittedly, very hard to see in the stills of the footage). Look at Figs. 1 and 13; these are images in which Mair seems to have put his holdall down because we can see both of his hands. Take a look at Fig. 15. This is Mair leaving home to walk to Birstall. What the imagery tells us is that when Mair picks his baggage up, he carries it in a certain way – jacket over the left arm, holdall and carrier in the right hand.

So now look at Mair coming down Market Street in Fig. 12. There is nothing in his right hand. The holdall may well be in his left one – in Fig. 14, which is a close up, it looks as though it is there – but tradition states that the holdall and the white carrier must go in the right hand, and the jacket goes over the left arm. It’s not that he’s still holding a weapon because corporate-media would be all over that like a rash. In any case, more than one witness said he put the weapons into his holdall. So does this image just show Mair doing something different because he’s panicking, or does it show someone else?

Now consider this report from Nick Kollerstrom, who had been at the court during the trial:

Sandra Major who had been in the car described how the attacker first raised his arm and shot JC in the head, causing her to fall backwards onto the ground, blood pouring out. He held a shopping bag in his left hand, gun in his right. He then got a black knife out of his bag and started stabbing her, as she rolled over into the road. J.C. cried out, ‘Get away you two’ as the fellow came back and continued the assault. He had a black or blue baseball cap, and was wearing a shirt and tie.

This report about the blue or black baseball cap is bombshell stuff (the shirt and tie stuff is incredible too, but these garments aren’t such high-visibility false-flag slayers like the caps are). Mair is seen before the attack in a white cap, and is seen escaping in a white cap. He wasn’t supposed to have killed Cox wearing a black cap. Who killed Cox while wearing a black cap?

Fig. 13; This is a partner to Fig. 1; Mair definitely does not seem to have the holdall in his right hand.

Fig. 13; This is a partner to Fig. 1; Mair definitely does not seem to have the holdall in his right hand.

Now the reader could well be asking, did Kollerstrom fall asleep in court and have a dream? This stuff about the black cap being worn at the time of the murder did not make it past the state censors (at least, not as far as the author is aware), and so no one who has to rely on the corporate-media knows anything about it. But this is not strictly true. Because Sam Watson, a local resident who was interviewed by the BBC on the day of the incident, categorically stated that the man who he thought committed the crime went northwards, not southwards down Market St,  and went across Chapel Lane and through the Market and up towards Howden Clough. This man, said Watson, wore a black cap. His account can be found here: link.

Fig. 14; Zoomed in; Mair walking down Market Street after the incident.

Fig. 14; Zoomed in; Mair walking down Market Street after the incident.

Of course, Mair was arrested wearing a black cap, and Risedale Avenue, which is in the same vicinity if not a part of Howden Clough (one doesn’t know this sort of stuff unless one is local), was the scene of Mair’s arrest. So based on what was said by this witness on the day, Sam Watson, Mair must have gone along Nelson Street, and then on to the Leeds Road, which took him to his final stand. Contrast that with the official story which has Mair going south first, where he ditches some of his clothes, and emerges wearing a black cap. This latter story seemingly rests on the account of two men, Clarke Rothwell (who has been adjudged as not being a reliable source of data in a previous article) but mostly Darren Playford.

Fig 15; Mair leaving home.

Fig 15; Mair leaving home.

Darren Playford’s 999 call was played to the court – and not surprisingly so, because it explains everything, and it was sensational – sensationally wrong in some places. Playford is all hyperbole, and actually stretches his own plausibility as a credible witness. However, this appears to be the only way that the official story can account for Mair being arrested wearing a black cap. Notice how Mair disappears out of Playford’s sight. Could Playford be sure that thereafter he was following the same man?

In the emergency call, Mr Playford said: “He is shooting everybody. Outside the library in Birstall.”

Asked how many people were injured, he said: “I don’t know. He stabbed someone as well, he stabbed a lady. He is following me at the moment. I am just trying to get away from him. He is walking now towards…get the helicopter, he is walking towards Huddersfield Road [South of Market Street]. He has got a black bag in his hand, he has got a white cap on. You might need the firearms. He is an elderly bloke, he has got a white baseball cap on.”

He described the suspect walking by a pub.

Mr Playford continued: “He has disappeared behind the Vaults pub [on Brookroyd Lane – south of the Leeds Road]. If you hurry up, you will get him. There is chaos, he has stabbed people.”

The operator said: “Do you know how many people are injured?”

He replied: “I think there’s at least two. There’s an elderly man been shot. A lady has been stabbed. I actually followed this guy to try and see where he was going.”

The operator said: “Are you safe and out of danger Darren?”

He said: “I am, yes. He has disappeared out of sight. I don’t know where he is.”

He said: “If you hurry up you’ll get him. It’s chaos, he’s stabbed and shot people. He could have gone in the pub but it doesn’t look open to be honest. It is chaos.”

Mair then reappeared apparently wearing different clothes.

Mr Playford said: “I can see him again. He has got a black baseball cap. He has got a grey shirt on. He is walking up Brownhill Road now. A black baseball cap, he has changed it. If you get a police car at the top you will catch him. I am still at the end of Brownhill Road.”

At that point, Mr Playford said he had to return to his van as the keys were in the ignition, and the call eventually came to an end.


Finally, there is a very intriguing piece of material –it could be evidence along the same vein as this article has been discussing, or it could be nothing – that is best conveyed by getting the reader to do his or her own investigative work. You will need Google Map, and you will need to find what is common to both of the images in Figs. 15 and 16. Happy hunting.

Fig. 16; Mair coming back home.

Fig. 16; Mair coming back home.

Update 22/12/2016:

Fellow researcher Chris Fudge has found this:

The interview is by the BBC with Ben Abdullah, and reveals that the flight of steps that he is referring to are ones related to Tesco. This is what he said: “Somebody said to me he just walked calmly down the steps of Tesco”.

There is a Tesco on the Smithies Lane which runs parallel to Market Street. Pedestrians can reach it from Market Street via a flight of steps (Fig. 17). This must be the “steps of  Tesco” referred to by Ben Abdullah. If Thomas Mair went this way, he could not have been the man caught on CCTV camera at the bottom of Market Street (Fig. 12). However, this is information that is reported to Ben Abdullah, and we don’t know the source.

Fig. 17; Sandwich & Co, opposite the Library on east side of Market Street with the "steps of Tesco" on one side.

Fig. 17; Sandwich & Co, opposite the Library on east side of Market Street with the “steps of Tesco” on one side.

It's important to donate to FBEL - please see here to find out why
A PayPal account not required.
Displaying 2 Comments
Have Your Say
  1. Do you have any thoughts on the proscribing of the group National Action as a terrorist group, when they are neither violent nor terrorists – Amber Rudd considers their views vile and that is enough to get them proscribed. Who’s next?